Dúnedain tracks and caches (Eradan)Edit
The caches and "secret areas" are often found by following rangers tracks. The tracks are recognized as blue glowing footsteps on the ground. You will recognize a cache by the glowing blue star symbol placed on the wall.
Fornost Main Gate
- Found in the very first area after you've dealt with an encounter of goblins with archer support. Just before the structure of which the archers stood there's rangers tracks on the ground on your right leading towards a ruined building, follow them and you will find the ranger cache. Be sure to not miss the chest on your left as you enter the ruined building. Lootable objects: Cache x1, Wooden Chest x1, several breakable objects.
- The second cache Is found in the sewage. As you first enter the sewer look in front of you and you'll may spot a gold ornament chest. The cache itself Is on a wall nearby this chest, by the rubble that prevents you to go directly to the other side. You'll have to go up the stairs further on in the sewage chamber to get the chest and cache. Lootable objects: Cache x1, Gold ornament chest x1
- There's hidden loot found by the part you'll save the eagle. After enemies are dispatched check on the right side of the wooden gate leading to next area and the levels first "blue light shop/checkpoint" and you'll find tracks leading to a wooden chest. Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1, Herb x1, Breakable objects.
Fornost Inner Wards
- After parting with Elladan and Elrohir and you've used a ballista to defeat a horde of goblins you'll procceed into a ruined building with long but small pathways. This is where you see your first two sappers in the game a cache can be found nearby. Go over and stand where the two goblin sappers once stood and turn around to look where you once came - When you enter this place you can see a lone pillar by the wall with cache on the other side. - Note: This cache doesn't have tracks leading to It so It's easily missed. Lootable objects: Cache x1.
- Just after the small pathway with sappers you'll shoot an explosive to provide you with an exit. When you continue forward you'll enter on high ground with a path leading down towards a gate and a ballista which is atop of it. Instead of walking down remain on the higher ground and go left to find rangers tracks leading to a gold ornament chest. Lootable objects: Gold ornament chest x1, Herbs x2 and Breakable objects.
Barrow Downs (2)
- At the very start go along the path and turn right and follow the tracks, you've just found Kilaran and Luins campsite. The cache itself Is on a wall of rock when you stand by the campfire look to the right and the cache Is there. If you walk further in the camp you'll find two piles of junk. Lootable objects: Cache and Pile(s) of Junk x2.
Urgóst's Lair (1)
On a lower cliff by a long stone bridge with a nearby waterfall(Where you encounter multiple Uruks and men of Carn Dûm). This Is the second and last stone bridge you'll cross.
Note: The other lootable objects are available to all characters except for the caches. The caches usually hold silver, arrows and sometimes an item.
Breakable walls (Farin)Edit
As recognized by the golden cracks on the wall.
- In the very first area after you've walked a couple of stairs, you will encounter goblins with archer support. After they're dealt with and the wooden gate has opened, walk the along the path but don't continue through the gates yet, instead turn to the left pathway walking up on some broken rubble reaching higher ground, once there you will find a chest to your right and the breakable wall Is on your left break it to find a gold ornament chest. Lootable objects: Gold ornament chest x1. Outside - Wooden chest x1 and Herb x1.
- This is found after you fall through the weak floor, Nearby Is also Andriel's first magical door. Lootable objects: Breakable objects x2, Pile of Junk x1, Herb x1.
The Outer Wards
- You'll fight a larger scale battle against a plenty of goblins and one specific goblin using a ballista with the backup of three archers towers. When the enemies are dealt with go towards the two other towers to the left and go past them into a ruined building. Once up on your left Is the breakable wall. Note: The gorld ornament chest containing the Mysterious Aged Tome that starts Seers Words quest is to your right when you enter the ruined building. Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1, Outside - Gold ornament chest x1, Herb x1
Fornost Inner Wards
- After being locked between two gates on a bridge where you get ambushed by goblins for the first time. After of which Elladan and Elrohir pulls the lever so you can proceed. You'll enter a courtyard(the first courtyard) with a archer atop a tower shooting his arrows at you. You'll eventually have to destroy this tower to pull a lever above to open the next set of gates. Just shoot the explosive or call Beleram to destroy the tower, which I recommend the latter. As you move up to the higher ground by walking across the tower rubble you'll see the cracks on the wall just in front of you next to the stairs. Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1, Herb x1.
- In one of the first two barrows specifically known as the "Urn Barrow" (due to the many urns in the corridor and chamber). Look to your left and approach the left wall and you'll find the breakable wall. Note: Nearby is the magical doorway for Andriel(Look the lower section for details). Lootable objects: Wooden chests x2, Pile(s) of Junk x1 and breakable objects.
- One shared with Andriel in the third barrow of "The Last sons of Cardolan". You'll be forced to go through this barrow to proceed. Once you're in the first chamber in front of you is a small room with a pile of junk and a wooden chest and to your right Is the path downwards to the second chamber - In which you find Farin's breakable wall on your left. Lootable objects: Pile of Junk x1 and breakable objects.
- After you've fought orcs and one/two trolls you will see a cutscene in which Beleram Is fighting a troll. After the cutscene, continue through the gate that has opened and after walking through a narrow passage you will encounter some orcs by the lower end of a stream. When they've been dealt with continue upwards the cliff to face yet another encounter. As you look forward there Is a trolls cave further up on the left wall and to your right Is a broken stone archway/bridge - Cross the archway/bridge to find another cave. Once you've entered this cave look to your right towards the right wall and you'll find it. Lootable objects: Gold Ornament chest x1 and breakable objects.
The High Moors
- After facing the orcs accompanied by a sorcerer and a orc champion on the rock bridge you'll continue up through a passage leading to a clearing. Here you will encounter more orcs and goblins, deal with them and proceed through the wooden gate into a cave. As you walk through a bit look to your right to find the breakable wall. Note: Andriel has a magical ward nearby a little further along the cave, the wall Is before Andriels magical ward(Look down below at Andriel's section). Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1 and breakable objects.
- Once you've exited the previous cave, you'll reach the foot of a small snowy plateu which has another orc warband along with a champion and a sorcerer guarding next wooden gate. Now open the gate and continue to walk until the path splits in two directions. One to the right and one to the left and in front of you Is the breakable wall. Inside this newly open room there's a magical doorway for Andriel. (Look below at Andriel's section for more details). Lootable objects: Pile(s) of Junk x2 and breakable objects.
Mount Gundabad (1)
In the first cave you find to your right after you've dealt with one/two trolls and several enemies. Here's where the Mithril for Truesilver quest are located.
Magical Doors (Andriel)Edit
Fornost Main Gate
Right after you fall down through the weak floor, continue to walk forward and look to the right and you won't miss it. Lootable objects: Herb x1, multiple breakable boxes, Wooden chest x1.
Fornost Inner Wards
- During the segment you are joining up with Elladan and Elrohir, they'll eventually leave your company and you'll be forced to make use of the ballista to defeat the sudden horde of goblins. Once you've defeated the horde walk down the large stairs from the courtyard and look on your left and you'll see the magical ward. Lootable objects: Pile of Junk x1, Breakable barrels & boxes, Gold ornament chest x1
Barrow Downs (3)
- One of the first two barrows this is the "Casket barrow" and this barrow has a great chamber with two paths - One on the right leading upwards to a few caskets, and one in front of you leading to a empty chamber with three urns. In the great chamber look to the left wall and you'll may find it. Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1 and breakable objects.
- The other "Urn Barrow" you'll know by the many urns in the corridors and in the great chamber itself - This barrow doesn't have any further paths, Once in the barrow great chamber approach the right wall and the magical ward will reveal itself. Note: Nearby Is also Farin's breakable wall. (Look above for further details). Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1, Pile of junk x2 and breakable objects.
- One shared with Farin in the third barrow - It's the third barrow involved in the quest "The Last Sons of Cardolan" - You'll be forced to go through this barrow to proceed. This magical seal Is in a room on the other side of a breakable wall, so you will need Farin to get access to it. Once Farin has broken down the wall, go forward and then approach the right wall the ward will be there. Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1, Pile of Junk x1 and breakable objects. Note: You'll need to either play co-op or multiplayer to get access to this secret room.
The High Moors
- After facing the orc champion along with a sorcerer you'll continue up through a passage leading to a clearing. Here you will encounter more orcs and goblins, deal with them and proceed through the wooden gate into a tunnel with a teleporter at the entrance. Beat the first wave of orcs coming up, then search the left wall for the magical doorway. Note: Farin has a breakable wall nearby, if you're at Andriels magical doorway you've gone past the wall. (Look above at Farin's section). Lootable objects: Wooden chest x1 and breakable objects.
- One shared with Farin - thus you'll need to play multiplayer or co-op. This Is found inside Farin's secret room right in front of you on the back of the wall(Look above at Farin section). Lootable objects: Gold Vein (Farin) x1, Gold ornament chest x1
Note: After the Ettenmoors there seem to be no more magical doorways.
About different lootablesEdit
The different lootables have higher/lower chance of rare items.
Breakables (Boxes, barrels, urns etc)
- Usually containing silver, arrows/bolts and sometimes health/power potions and in a few cases items of varying quality.
- Often specific quests require you to break boxes and barrels for the quest-specific loot. Specifically Work of Westernesse in Fornost and the Barrow Downs, Elfstones in Ettenmoors and A No Gem No Mine Can Yield in Mirkwood.
Pile of Junk
- In the junkpiles there are often not any uncommon, rare items. They more rather have common, poor quality junk items and often silver. The chance to get uncommon or rare items is small but it does happen.
- Wooden chests have a smaller chance of uncommon/rare items compared to gold ornament chests. Whenever the wooden chests do drop uncommon/rare items It's usually less than what can be found in their golden counterparts. This doesn't mean wooden chests are bad in comparison of gold ornament chests, in wooden chests you can find an elf-stone once in a while.
Gold ornament chests
- Has a higher chance of containing more uncommon/rare loot and usually drops a larger amount of those items compared to wooden chests.
- Often has quest items related. Specifically Seers words at Fornost, Cult of the Lidless Eye Scrolls which are spread over the many levels and the Mithril for the Truesilver quest at Mt. Gundabad.